December 10, 2011

I- From a $20 Tickle me Elmo to a $55 Tickle me Elmo

Is it just me or does anyone else remember using Xanga? In our lifetime, mind you I'm just barely in my twenties, we've seen our technologies for communication grow and expand rapidly. From calling only phones, to texting capabilities, to xanga, AIM, to myspace, to Facebook, to Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr. Even eHarmony, Chemistry.com, ChristianDating.com help people date by meeting over the internet! The best way I could describe this, is actually through the link below and the table that it shows:

http://novaspivack.typepad.com/nova_spivacks_weblog/2004/02/deja_vu_all_ove.html

But take a minute to think about this; if we have seen such rapid development in the last decade or so, what is the technology going to be like when our children are that age? My parents grew up with black and white tv, and it was a miracle when they got color and more than ten channels. I grew up with over sixty channels easily, VHS, DVD, Nintendo 64, cell phones, and such. Whenever I decide to procreate and expand my family, what will those creatons be playing with? Holographic "imaginary" friends?

Where on earth is technology going? Will the world of iRobot actually be our future? Or perhaps it will be the Jetsons.


Either way, if we do become the Jetsons in a hundred years, I won't be around... I just hope it's less complicated than today's world. Maybe by then the U.S. Government will learn that they should balance their checkbook like average citizens do... you can't spend more than you earn. 




No comments:

Post a Comment